The transfer window for Europe’s biggest clubs is closed, but click here for all the deals. Transfer Talk will continue to scour the world’s media and set correspondents loose to see what’s on the agenda for the summer.
TOP STORY: Ole’s agent’s at the wheel
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer‘s agent has returned to England as Manchester United continue to discuss the possibility of the Norwegian becoming the club’s next permanent manager, sources have told ESPN FC.
Jim Solbakken, Solskjaer’s long-time representative, was in the UK over the weekend before returning on Wednesday. Solskjaer has also returned to Manchester after spending time with his family in Norway during the international break.
Solskjaer is leading the race to be named manager on a full-time basis after a successful caretaker stint, but the club have so far remained tight-lipped about their plans. The 46-year-old could be installed as permanent boss as early as this week, but sources have told ESPN FC that United are in no rush to make an official announcement.
It appears that Solskjaer’s first move as full-time boss would be to state that Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford are not for sale, even if keeping Pogba scuppers any potential move for Gareth Bale, according to the Telegraph.
Pogba was linked with a move away from Old Trafford during the first half of the season when he fell out with Jose Mourinho. The Frenchman even recently suggested it would be a dream to join Real Madrid and play under Zinedine Zidane. However, Pogba has been a key part of United’s change in fortunes under Solskjaer, and the Norwegian has said that Pogba remains a key part of his plans for next season.
Despite what the Telegraph says, Tuttopsort are reporting that Pogba’s agent is demanding a huge pay rise and a move to Madrid for his client.
Rashford also has been linked with Madrid (and Barcelona, although a source says the Catalans see that as about as likely as dating a supermodel), but Solskjaer is keen to tie the young striker down. The club are said to be in talks with Rashford over a long-term deal.
22.55 GMT: That’s going to bring Wednesday’s live edition of Transfer Talk to a close. Be sure to check back in a few short hours when we return with the latest gossip pulled from Thursday’s back pages.
21.56 GMT: Sao Paulo have signed former Brazil international striker Alexandre Pato until December of 2022, the club announced on Wednesday. Read the full story.
20.19 GMT: According to the Evening Standard, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has his doubts as to whether Alexis Sanchez will ever rediscover his Arsenal form at Manchester United, but the hierarchy at Old Trafford are unwilling to cut their losses on a player who’s reportedly earning £400,000 a week.
18.42 GMT: It’s time for the seemingly daily update on the future of Chelsea prodigy Callum Hudson-Odoi.
We begin with the Independent, who reports that the West London outfit are hopeful that the 18-year-old will sign a new contract after the impasse in negotiations has been stymied. The Blues are now prepared to offer Hudson-Odoi a new contract with wages in line with his standing as one of Europe’s most promising prospects, as well as assurances over playing time.
While various outlets have reported that Chelsea will not sell Hudson-Odoi this summer regardless of his contract situation — especially should their transfer ban be confirmed, and double especially if Eden Hazard is sold — Sport Bild writes that the Blues actually would be willing to do business at the princely sum of €50m. The German outlet also reports that in addition to Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool are also interested in the England international.
Finally, we come to the Mirror, who have a few more names of interested parties. The English tabloid reports that Hudson-Odoi’s performance in England’s win at Montenegro has “put all of Europe’s top clubs on alert,” and adds Manchester United and Barcelona to the list of clubs hoping to land Chelsea’s teenage sensation.
17.05 GMT: Bayern Munich have completed the much anticipated signing of Lucas Hernandez from Atletico Madrid after meeting the World Cup-winner’s €80m buy-out clause.
Hernandez will join on June 30 and, despite being sidelined with a knee injury, Bayern said they are confident he will be fit for the start of the campaign.
The left-back moves alongside fellow World Cup winner Benjamin Pavard, whose move to the Allianz Arena will also become official in June.
16.11 GMT: Fans of Aston Villa and Parma may remember this former forward, who will be starting his first managerial role.
Coming soon… #ServusLucas pic.twitter.com/PjOFNvA78Q
— FC Bayern München (@FCBayern) March 27, 2019
📰 Savo Milošević is the new manager of Partizan!
He will be unveiled at Humska at 11:00 CET on Thursday, before taking training ahead of Sunday’s game at Napredak. pic.twitter.com/vBRLgOXoYs
— Partizan Belgrade 🇬🇧 (@FKPartizanEN) March 27, 2019
15.20 GMT: Barcelona face stiff competition for the signing of Luka Jovic from Bayern Munich, according to ESPN FC sources.
The Catalans have watched Jovic in action 20 times as they seek a long-term replacement for Luis Suarez.
However, Bayern are also in the market for someone to take the mantle of Robert Lewandowski and the Bavarian side’s manager Nico Kovac was behind the deal to sign Jovic for Frankfurt.
14.30 GMT: Zinedine Zidane has singled out Tanguy Ndombele as one his top summer targets at Real Madrid, according to AS.
Interest in the 22-year-old Lyon midfielder could signal the end of Madrid’s pursuit of Paul Pogba this summer, who Manchester United deem unsellable.
While the article suggests Ndombele’s arrival would mean an exit for either Casemiro or Marcos Llorente from the Bernabeu.
13:40 GMT: Manchester United are planning to focus on emerging youngsters and players in…
Read more at this link (News Source).