The coronavirus pandemic has made the summer transfer window uncertain, but here are the rumours floating around Europe’s big leagues and beyond.
PSG considering £35m bid for Aubameyang
French champions Paris Saint-Germain are considering a swoop for Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for £35 million, reports Le10Sport.
– Stream new episodes of ESPN FC Monday-Friday on ESPN+
– Stream every episode of 30 for 30: Soccer Stories on ESPN+
– Where Europe’s top leagues stand on finishing 2019-20 season
Aubameyang has been linked with a move away from north London all season and now he’s entering the final 12 months of his deal, Arsenal could be tempted to sell to ensure he doesn’t leave for free next summer.
PSG aren’t the only ones interested in the Gabon international, though. Barcelona and Inter Milan are also keen to get his siganture, but Le10Sport believe Les Parisiens will make the first move.
Edinson Cavani is also set to leave the French capital this summer and Mauro Icardi is also coming to the end of his loan spell from Inter, meaning PSG are in need of more attacking options.
Aubameyang has scored 61 goals in 97 appearances for Arsenal.
Hakimi getting attention from Inter
Achraf Hakimi has been in such sensational form at Borussia Dortmund that he has become a top target for many clubs around Europe, with Mundo Deportivo suggesting Inter Milan are keen to sign the Moroccan.
However, Hakimi’s agent suggests there is “no such offer” and that the right-back will return to Real Madrid.
With Hakimi in such consistent form he has every right to believe he’s in contention for a starting place in Madrid’s starting line-up should he stay at the Bernabeu, though Dortmund will also want to keep him beyond his loan spell.
What’s clear is that at this stage his future remains uncertain, and Hakimi’s name will be continually linked with moves to clubs around Europe. PSG and Chelsea are two clubs who have also been linked with the 21-year-old.
Madrid on the hunt for Havertz
Kai Havertz is a man in form which makes him a wanted man all over Europe, and while the queue of clubs lining up for his services continues to grow longer, OK Diario suggests Real Madrid are ahead of the pack.
Florentino Perez has made it no secret that he’s looking to freshen up the Los Blancos squad next season. Yet with football finances uncertain and a volatile transfer market looming, he’s looking to find the best value.
Havertz could be expensive, though he is young. He has been in sensational form for Bayer Leverkusen and the one advantage Madrid — or any other non-German club — has is that the Leverkusen hierarchy would rather their star asset move abroad than join rivals Bayern Munich.
Madrid and Leverkusen are also said to have a good relationship, while Havertz himself has hinted he’s ready to join a big club outside of Germany.
– Gonzalo Higuain is currently preparing for the return of Serie A after having finished his quarantine, but his future beyond this season at Juventus is unclear. He has another season left to run on his contract but the list of offers for the Argentine continues to grow, particularly from the MLS. Calciomercato believe €18m is the fee that could get the Bianconeri to sell him this year, while they’re also keen to listen to potential swap offers.
– Arsenal are interested in signing Borussia Dortmund defender Manuel Akanji for £25m this summer, reports the Daily Mail. The 24-year-old is contracted until 2022 and cost the German club £15m last summer, but Arsenal believe his solidity in either of the two central positions make him a perfect addition to the Gunners squad.
Share this post if you enjoyed! 🙂
Read more at this link (News Source).