The winter transfer window is closed, but now it’s time to look ahead to the summer! Here are the new rumours floating around following the Jan. 31 deadline day.
TOP STORY: Real to help fund Mbappe move with Isco sale
Arsenal and Chelsea are set to battle this summer in their bids to bring Real Madrid midfielder Isco to the Premier League, The Sun says.
The report says Madrid president Florentino Perez has one major goal in mind this summer and that’s to bring France striker Kylian Mbappe from PSG to the Santiago Bernabeu, and the sale of Isco will go a long way to help fund the mega-move.
Real believe they can demand in the neighbourhood of £65 million for Spain playmaker Isco, who has become a secondary figure during Zinedine Zidane’s second stint in charge of the La Liga leaders.
Manchester City are also said to be interested in a summer move for Isco, but the Premier League champions have much bigger things to worry about after receiving news of their Champions League ban from UEFA, leaving the two London clubs in the driver’s seat.
Inter and Napoli start bidding war for Kumbulla
Inter Milan and Napoli are set to lock horns in pursuit of Verona defender Marash Kumbulla, while Chelsea boss Frank Lampard is also keeping a close eye on the 20-year-old.
However, Calciomercato reports that both Milan and Napoli are ahead of Chelsea in the process and have started the bidding war at €20m, with the story suggesting that Verona expect that price tag to rise.
The Albania international has made 19 appearances for Verona this season, most recently in the club’s 2-1 win over Juventus. Previous reports concerning Kumbulla had indicated Manchester United and Liverpool are interested in the youngster, too.
– Transfer Grades: All the big moves rated
– When does the transfer window reopen?
– All major completed transfer deals
Inter weigh Aubameyang move
More news out of Italy here, with The Daily Star reporting that Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will be a major target for Inter should frontman Lautaro Martinez move on this summer.
Barcelona and Real Madrid have been linked with moves for the rising Argentina star, and the Star says Antonio Conte is willing to grant Aubameyang a route out of the Emirates even though Arsenal and Inter are some €20m apart on initial valuations of the Gabon international.
Meanwhile, Gunners boss Mikel Arteta has declared that he wants Aubameyang to extend his stay at the Emirates beyond summer 2021.
– Manchester City’s aforementioned ban from European competition for two seasons has boosted Chelsea’s and Manchester United’s claims to sign Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund, says The Daily Star. Sancho, who was electric again in Dortmund’s 4-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt on Friday, is the subject of a possible £120m bidding war among several high-profile European clubs, though the teenager is understandably keen to relocate only to a team eligible to play in Europe’s most prestigious competition.
– Conte could sacrifice Matias Vecino this summer in hopes that Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal will make the switch to Serie A. Calciomercato have said Inter Milan chief executive Beppe Marotta has placed a €25m price tag on the 28-year-old, with Chelsea and Everton reportedly interested as well.
– The Independent reports that Chelsea winger Willian is likely to remain at the club, despite Hakim Ziyech’s impending arrival in the summer. The Brazilian’s contract expires in June, with the 31-year-old reportedly keen to secure a three-year extension to his current deal at Stamford Bridge.
Share this post if you enjoyed! 🙂
Read more at this link (News Source).